The best thing about blogging is that you can connect with some wonderful and interesting people who write about unlimited topics. Whether beginning or experienced bloggers, I always discover something new and helpful when visiting favorite bloggers and reading their latest posts.
For the past couple of years, I have participated in the Ultimate Blog Challenge through Facebook. The challenge motivates the participating bloggers to write more relevant content, but also reminds us of something just as important.
Bloggers need to support other bloggers.
While we often spend time writing content for our own blog and trying to get noticed, we forget about the others in the trenches with us. Even if someone else writes about the same topics, we have different voices. There is always room for each other in today’s blogosphere.
Community is important.
As bloggers, we should desire to support and help one another succeed. This is as easy as exploring and reading other blogs, whether in our own niche, or another. You can also:
(1) Take time to post an encouraging comment.
(2) Share their post link on Twitter or Facebook and follow them.
(3) Offer your expertise if you see a question posted on social media by another blogger.
(4) Add a blogger’s link to your post if they have information relevant to what you’re posting about.
(5) Ask a blogger to be a guest writer if they can offer some useful content to your readers.
(6) And of course, comment on their posts.
I recently shared that this current blog was the result of the new direction my writing was taking. While my other blog, Muses of a Mom, is about homeschooling high school, here is the home where I will share Bible studies, devotionals, book talk and Texas travels. Go to my home page to discover more about me, where to find me on social media, and how to find my homeschool blog.
What was the last blog you discovered that was interesting for you?
Share it in the comments!